Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Risk.

'If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.' (Thank you to Anonymous for the quote! If there's something you'd like me to blog about, submit it anonymously HERE!)

Sometimes in order to strengthen the relationships in our lives, we need to make sacrifices. We need to compromise. We need to take risks. Anyone can apologize when something goes wrong. Anyone can sound sincere if they try hard enough. The fact of the matter is, it isn’t about how many times you muster up an apology.. it’s about your ability and willingness to admit that you were in the wrong.

Admitting we’re wrong is probably one of the most difficult things for us prideful human beings – I know it certainly is for me. I love being right. However, as much as I love being right, I love being true to myself and the people around me much more. So if by admitting to being wrong I’m exposing my vulnerable side, so be it. I know that by admitting I’m in the wrong, they’re seeing a side of me that only those who are important enough get to witness.

I recognize that I am flawed. I am able to realize that I have no right to expect the people around me to be perfect; after all, I know that I, myself, am not perfect. Admitting to being wrong and exposing my vulnerable side are two things that will ultimately make me a more valuable person. Allowing others to see my raw thoughts and genuine feelings will provide me with an opportunity to learn more about myself. I recognize that with great risk, comes great reward and that by not risking anything, we end up with nothing. Taking risks are scary and frankly, the idea of stepping out of my comfort zone makes me anxious. However, if getting out of my comfort zone means I’m going to be more successful in various aspects of my life, you can rest assured, I’m going to take the leap.

-Satisfy my Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment