Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm Thankful...

I have so much to be thankful for. So much that I didn't think I could fit it all into one Facebook status, so I decided to blog about the things I am thankful for instead. Granted, there's no way I'll be able to put everything in here, but I'm sure going to try my best. Here goes!

I'm thankful for...

The special people in my life who care for me, and I care so deeply for.
My adopted cat, Boots.
My overall good health.
The roofs I have over my head in both Toronto and Tillsonburg.
Every person I have met who has influenced me, moved me, confronted me, challenged me, loved me, hated me, or other. You have all taught me valuable lessons.
The beautiful city I live in and have a renewed passion for.
The opportunities that have 'come out of the woodwork' and presented themselves to me.
My best friend.
My roommates.
My sister.
My mom and dad.
All of my family, far and near.
Laci, even though you are a grumpy cat.
Bailey, for even though you left us in September, you stayed around for 14 and a half years to watch Kayla and I grow up. You were there to comfort us in low times, give an excited wag of the tail in happy times, and comically raise your eyebrows innocently when you knew you were guilty of stealing a sock from the poolside.
My Malibu.
My trip to Cuba earlier in the year and all of the other vacations I have been on in the past.
Distance that has made me feel closer to the people I care about.
My education - the fact that I have one in-class semester to go before I'm out in the 'real world'.
My agency and everyone within it, who have all been so welcoming and encouraging throughout a process which is so very new to me.
The people who motivate me and push me to succeed; the people who believe in me.
The people who have shown so much love and support towards me, especially over the last year.
The organizations who bring hope to lost people.
World Vision for providing me with a sense of purpose and renewed zest for life through my sponsorship of Darwin.
Willow Creek Stables for allowing me to reconnect with a part of my past I had truly been longing for.
CAMI/GM for providing me with employment throughout the summer so that I was not bored out of my mind.
The photographers, stylists, make up artists, hair stylists, designers, and other models I have had the opportunity to meet and work with - you are truly inspiring, talented people.
My body - for being strong and enduring everything I've put it through.
My mind. The mind is its own place and in itself can turn a heaven of hell, into a hell of heaven.
Books. Specifically: The Tipping Point, The Secret, Eat, Pray, Love, Unbearable Lightness, and The Tattoo Chronicles.
Technology, for introducing people and reuniting others.
Long Point - for me to crash at my friends' cottages, drink on the beach, lay in the sun, sail on the lake, play drinking games, watch Just Friends and LOTR, and eat deep-fried pickles.
The Lord of the Rings trilogy (including movies).
Netflix.
Indecisiveness.
Choices.
Options.
Honesty.
Genuine emotion.
Passion.
Commitment.
Anger.
Arguments.
'Sorry'.
Romance.
Late nights and good conversation with the right person/people.
Cuddling.
Compassion.
People who understand/try to understand me.
People who don't give up. If you give up one thing, you'll give up on anything.
People who stand up for what they believe in.
People who tell me when I'm wrong.
People who can admit when they're wrong.
Veggie 'meat'
The people who believe there is still good in the world.
The people who try to be the good in the world.
Positive people.
Weddings - People who vow to stay united.
Alcohol - because sometimes it's nice to go batshit crazy.
Music - for making me smile, laugh, cry, dance, and think.
Simplistic beauty.
The appreciation of simplistic beauty.
All art.
My artistic abilities.
The unconditional love and positive energy that surrounds me constantly.


Truly, I am blessed.

-Satisfy my Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment