Sunday, October 16, 2011

LG Fashion Week

Life is hectic. Ridiculously hectic. Not that I'm complaining.. it's certainly contributed to my appreciation of the small things I'm so fortunate to have experienced.

Toronto Fashion Week officially starts tomorrow. I'm ridiculously nervous and excited, all at the same time. As of now, I'm walking in four shows.

1. Amanda Lew Kee
2. Joeffer Caoc
3. Chloe Comme Parris
4. Pink Tartan

The first three are on Tuesday and the fourth is on Wednesday. I'm really excited to experience LGFW and all that it has to offer from the perspective of a model. I can't wait to meet new people, reunite with others, and add another piece of life experience to my list.

Everyone I've been working with and meeting has been so welcoming and friendly. Seeing people who are so passionate about their art is truly inspiring to me. I admire these people more than they know.

I've been thinking about a lot lately. A lot of things are going to be changing in my life over the next few months. For once, I don't have a plan. I don't have control. And while this lack of control terrifies me, it exhilarates me to the core as well. Why? Because, while I've always had the tendency to be impulsive, I've always suppressed my desires in favour of doing things the 'safe' way, or the 'familiar' way. Sure, safe and familiar are comfortable places to be, but how can I be expected to learn more about myself and the world around me if I'm stuck in the same safe and familiar places forever? It's really not possible. For once, I don't know what's going to happen over the next 5 months. For once, I don't know where I'll be living, where I'll be working, or what I'll be thinking. And for once, I'm okay with not knowing.. because not knowing means nothing can go wrong. Not knowing means there is openness to change. Not knowing means not having expectations set by myself or by others for me. And with these thoughts, I am perfectly content.

-Satisfy my Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment