Sunday, November 27, 2011

HEY WORLD.

Why hello friends!
It's been quite a while since I've updated anything.. I've been far too busy with work, school, and sleeping. Sleeping has become my naughty mistress (in male form?). Ahhhh. I sneak off to him whenever I can.

There are a lot of exciting things happenings in my life! In approximately three weeks, I'll be done all of my in-class FOREVER. Well.. unless I decide to further pursue education in the future.. in which case, TEMPORARILY! ..It doesn't quite have the same drama associated with it, but who needs drama in their lives anyways? Not I. In addition to finishing school and moving back home until January (which I'm ecstatic about, for those of you who are the people I care so much about back home), I'm going to be facing a few other adventures in the new year.

Those who are closest to me know what I'm referring to, and the rest will become more aware when the time draws near. I don't want to jinx anything just yet! I'm so excited. Though I've doubted my decisions on occasion, I think the only reason I've been hesitant to take on these new challenges is because I was so set in the 'life plan' that I developed a couple of summers ago.
I wanted to do my internship in New Zealand with Ogilvy PR. While I was there, I was going to take my TESSL certificate online and then move to Thailand to teach English as a second language to young business professionals. Eventually I wanted to move back and start my own PR firm, start my own not-for-profit organization, and then come back and teach as a professor at Humber.

What can I say? I had a lot of time on my hands and I knew exactly what I wanted to see my life become. I still plan on accomplishing several of these things, but I'm not so set in my ways anymore. A few people have entered my life who have helped teach me that it's okay to be intimidated by the future and by change, as long as I am equally as elated by it. I've been shown that living spontaneously is more exciting. I've learned that it's okay to need people; it doesn't make me any less independent. In fact, having the ability to admit that I do need people may make me vulnerable, but it also makes me strong.

At this point, I'm just interested in seeing where the next few months take me. I'll try to update more frequently as time go on. Once school is done and I move back home, I'll have a lot more time on my hands.

Good luck with exams and have fun entering the holiday season! (Am I getting ahead of myself? :P)

-Satisfy my Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment