Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New York, New York!

"She got out of town,
On a railway New York bound.
Took all except my name..
Another alien on Broadway.

Baby, baby, baby, when all your love is gone,
Who will save me from all I'm up against out in this world?
Maybe, maybe, maybe you'll find something that's enough to keep you,
But if the bright lights don't receive you,
You should turn yourself around and come on home."

I have a ticket to New York City for January 10th and I have no idea as to when I'll be back in the comfort of my lovely Toronto or my loved ones. My parents made a valid point as they asked if I was sure I wanted to go..
"It's not a train ride away.. we can't come to visit you, or you come to visit us, whenever you'd like." Touche.

But I'm an independent person in need of adventure and spontaneity. What's more spontaneous than showing up in New York not knowing where I'll be living? This is the life I chose to live. I still haven't told all of the people that mean the most to me about it. Not because I fear that I won't have their support, but because I fear being away from them and talking about it makes it real. Words turn into actions.

Yet the thought of being in another country (even if it is a neighbouring country) and looking at the same sky, the same sun, the same moon, and the same stars as the people I care the most about is enough to make me wish I was there this instant. I've always wanted to be apart of something so much bigger than myself. I feel like this is an opportunity for that. This is the beginning of the next chapter of my life.. and I know that those who care about me most, that I adore as well, won't abandon me on my journey.

-Satisfy my Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment