Friday, February 3, 2012

This is my life.

'I still wanna be the leader of the f**kin' free world.'

Well hello there lovely people of the world! A lot has happened in the last week that I'm oh-so excited to share with you! I was considering developing a blog for each individual thing, but I think they are so much more exciting when they are all feeding off of each other. SO, without further adieu:

Tuesday, January 25, 2012:

My agent called me this morning to inform me that I was being considered for a huge opportunity. A 10-page spread in Elle Canada Magazine, Canada's leading fashion magazine. CRAZY. If I were to obtain the position, I would be heading to Montreal the next morning via VIA (see what I did there? ;) ). A few hours went by and a received the call I had been waiting for. I booked the job! I wish I had a video of my reaction to the news. After half jumping/half dancing excitedly, I was informed that I was meeting with fashion designers, Stephen and Kirk, of Greta Constantine the next morning for a fitting for their SS '12 look book, and then catching the train to Montreal at 11:30am. I was so thrilled to have been provided with the opportunity to shoot for Elle and have the opportunity to be a part of the look book for Greta Constantine.

Wednesday, January 26, 2012:

I met with Stephen and Kirk at 10am and tried on some beautiful pieces from their SS '12 collection. I love seeing designers who are so passionate and dedicated to their art and was elated to be in the presence of such people. I left to the train station after my fitting and endured a 6 hour-long train ride to Montreal. After arriving, I headed to Ruda Bagage, a quaint B&B located on Saint-Rose. The room was beautiful, with an dresser that extended from floor to ceiling, a king size bed with plenty of pillows and cozy blankets, and drapes hanging from the walls. I ended up watching some reality TV to pass the time (which shows, might you ask? I'll never tell. I'm too ashamed.) Eventually I went to sleep.

Thursday, January 27, 2012:

We shot from 8:30am - 4:30pm. The team was SO amazing and made such an effort to make me feel comfortable and included by speaking English as much as they possibly could. The concept was amazing, and while I can't go into much detail, what I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am proud of the pictures that came from the day. You can find them in the June issue of Elle Canada Magazine :) After finishing up with Elle, I said my 'goodbyes' ..er.. 'au revoirs' and headed to the Greyhound station.

Friday, January 28, 2012:

My bus got back into Toronto in the early hours of the morning, and I headed home to sleep for a few hours before heading to the Greta Constantine look book shoot later in the morning. The pieces from their collection were so beautiful and I was so thankful to be able to have the opportunity to showcase their beauty. Stay tuned for more details of this look book shoot later ;)

Tuesday, January 31, 2012:

This morning I got up bright and early to shoot the SS'12 Mendocino look book! Click here for a sneak peak ;) The day was filled with more beautiful clothing, with several pieces that I became particularly fond of, and a fantastic team. We started at 7:30am and finished just before 4:30 in the afternoon. When you are surrounded by fun, energetic people, the day really does fly by. I am so grateful to Mendocino for providing me with the opportunity to be apart of such an amazing day.


Every day I wake up and find myself thinking, 'I have the most amazing life. I am provided with the most amazing opportunities. I am surrounded by the most amazing, loving, and supportive people.' This blog post outlines what the last week has been kind enough to provide me with. I truly cannot wait to see what the future has in store.

Satisfy my Soul

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, I am so UNBELIEVABLY happy for you. This is all you, girl - what YOU are meant to do. With all of your talent and all of your wonderful positivity, this is JUST the beginning. Such big things are happening and will only continue. Keep being you!! xo Carrie

    ReplyDelete