Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another Alien on Broadway

Hello my lovely friends!

I am currently sitting in the Buffalo airport..approximately an hour and 45 minutes too early. I'm not complaining though! This time to myself is giving me the opportunity to be productive via blogging, emailing, Facebook-ing, and journaling. I've never seen an airport so empty! I need to fly out of Buffalo more often, clearly.

My mom gave me a hug after walking me to security and at first I didn't think she was going to release me from her grasp. I almost didn't want her to. I've never flown by myself before and I hadn't realized how much security and comfort her embrace had provided me with throughout the years. But, I'm here. I'm thrilled to be here..and I'm so excited to see what today has in store.

I've been to NYC once before.. but it was in grade 11 and for a school trip.. so it was chaperoned, very planned and touristy - a travel style that will not work if I'm to uphold any part of my resolution of not planning and living spontaneously.

There's a loud saxophone playing over the speakers here.. The Black Keys isn't quite loud enough to cover it up, so it's creating an awkward remix of sorts. Oh well. I suppose that's all I've got right now. Hopefully the hotel has wifi so I can blog again tonight. We shall see though. In the mean time, pray that my plane doesn't crash, and I'll pray that you all are having a wonderful day in class, at internships, work, lounging, etc.

-Satisfy my Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment